MEDICAL ERROR – YOU MAY NEED A VIRGINIA LAWYER
To err is human.. Or so I have heard.
And I am sure if you ask my husband, I have made a few major mistakes, today alone.
But what happens when someone is hurt by a mistake? And I mean, really injured? We see it in car accident cases, civil suits against financial advisers that stole and squandered client’s money. We also see it in medical situations when a physician may prescribe a drug their patient has a known allergy to, or a physician may not have looked at the right X-ray and sent someone home without a neck brace.
If you have suffered a serious injury as a result of a mistake, under Virginia law, you may have a lawsuit. You generally only have TWO YEARS to bring your claim and most attorneys will want at least 4 months to review and investigate a claim before filing suit.
So while we always hope and pray you are not hurt by a medical error, we are available and happy to help if you have been.
Here are examples of Medical Error cases we have handled successfully in the last few years alone:
1. Physician prescribed medication our elderly client had known allergy to. Upon taking medication, she has multi-organ failure and serious problems related thereto.
2. Physician at Nursing home failed to prescribe and monitor anti-coagulation medication for patient after knee surgery – blood clot occurred and took her life.
3. Physician failed to compare two radiographic scans and appreciate an aneurysm in young male which could have been surgically treated. Sadly, physician’s mistake lead to death of patient.
4. Physician fails to appreciate signs and symptoms of compartment syndrome after ankle surgery and young male patient suffers permanent nerve damage.
5. Physician fails to read C-T Scan and misses subdural hematoma which causes death of elderly man.
Yes, to err is human — but when someone is harmed as a result of the error, sometimes a lawsuit may be your only course of seeking compensation.