Nothing new under the sun in Virginia Medical Mlpractice, I just can’t speak about it!
My Mom used to say the following (with some frequency): There is nothing new under the sun.
What did she mean? Only that things often repeat themselves. Maybe not to the same people, or at the same time, but we are creatures of habit and as humans, we make the same mistakes.
In my line of work, I am often silenced at the end of a case and cannot speak about the case results, our experts, evidence or allegations. I cannot write about the result, or how we successfully argued case value, negligence, etc.
I am silenced by confidentiality agreements wherein my client agrees to settle a case but both client and lawyer agree not to speak about the result, details or allegations, to anyone.
It is a benefit to my client (most often) to agree to this. They don’t want their case, or a dollar sign on the front of the local paper. Typically, they want to move on if possible.
So if you don’t see an article on our website that addresses your exact medical malpractice scenario, it certainly doesn’t mean we haven’t handled it before. Call, email or ask. It may be that we know the exact approach or expert for your particular case.
So, while we can’t tell you specifics, we have handled the following kinds of medical malpractice cases this year alone:
- claims against the VA hospitals
- claims against hospitals and nursing homes for failure to prevent or treat wounds
- claims against nursing homes and hospitals for allowing falls to happen
- failure to manage medication appropriately
- forgetting to give patients needed medication
- failure to communicate physicians orders to nurses, failure to follow physician orders
- surgical mistakes
- prescription mistakes
- failure to order various tests / wait for test results
- dropping patients from lifts
- failure to provide proper hydration and nutrition
- failure to timely diagnose cancer
- failure to properly treat cancer
- foreign bodies being left in patients after surgery
- failure to appreciate patient’s severe illness
- failure to appreciate drug allergies
- failure to communicate test results
My Mom was right – sadly, and tragically, there is nothing new under the sun and very little that is new in the world of Medical malpractice.
Want to learn more – call us today – 540-985-0098.