Virginia Medical Malpractice Attorney – the best lawyer for your case
A loved one recently told me that she knew the back surgeon who had done a very complicated but successful surgery on her years ago had received some bad online reviews related to his bedside manner.
She knew about the reviews and they neither surprised her, nor altered her confidence in the physician in any way. As she put it “I didn’t need a nice guy to do my surgery, I needed the best guy to do my surgery.” She picked a specialist, the guy who does nothing but this kind of procedure and was thrilled with him and the results. She even traveled a few hours to find him.
While not all patients will be as diligent as this loved one was in seeking out the best help when they have a health crisis, it has been my impression that folks do the same kind of analysis when looking for a Virginia Med Mal lawyer.
And now, thanks to the internet, you have the ability to do some research. First, I would encourage you to consider what you are looking for:
- An honest attorney who will not take your case unless he or she believes it to be a very strong case?
- The kind of attorney who communicates with you frequently as the case progresses?
- The kind of attorney who you know will return phone calls and emails?
- The kind of attorney that will listen compassionately when you speak about the injury, your loss, fears, struggles etc?
- The kind of attorney that lacks the soft skills (like listening and returning phone calls) but is aggressive in court
- The kind of attorney who has staff do most of the case work, only to enter the case at the end
Just as there are all kinds of doctors, there are all kinds of lawyers. Some sensitive who value being a ‘counselor at law.’ Some who are not sensitive but have reputations for being aggressive for their clients. And yes, some in between.
The first step to finding the best medical malpractice attorney for your family and your case is finding out what you want and expect, then research online, ask local attorneys who they would recommend, ask friends and family, and after you have met with or spoken to the attorney and you feel comfortable – move forward.
In our firm, we have three attorneys all with different gifts and strengths.
Do your research, and only then can you find the BEST medical malpractice attorney for your case and family in Virginia.