Comparing Hospitals: A few local hospitals stand out and not for a good reason.
I recently posted a short article on the results of a survey conducted by Virginia Health Information based in Richmond, Virginia. The survey consisted of questions asked of patients to rate their experience with their hospitals and the complete results are listed here.
A few of our local hospitals did not fare well. The following hospitals were given a satisfaction rating of 6 or less (scale of 1 to 10) by almost 10% of its patients:
1. Centra Bedford Memorial Hospital in Bedford, Virginia
2. Carilion Franklin Memorial Hospital in Rocky Mount, Virginia
3. Centra Southside Community Hospital in Farmville, Virginia
4. Clinch Valley Medical Center in Richlands, Virginia
5. Danville Regional Medical Center in Danville, Virginia
6. Johnston Memorial Hospital in Abingdon, Virginia
7. LewisGale Hospital Pulaski in Pulaski, Virginia
My Take: There is plenty room for improvement if almost one out of every ten patients gives your hospital a poor satisfaction rating.