DO YOU WANT YOUR EX-EMPLOYER TO SUE YOU?
If you have decided you would like to spend some of your hard-earned savings on attorneys fees, defending yourself in Court against various claims from your ex-employer, then I would recommend the following actions. These almost always will lead you to the court house door:
1. Start a side business that competes with your employer, while employed
2. Work on this side business, at work – using your personal email or work email and cell phone
3. Save company client lists, and other information to a jump drive / thumb drive, or email them to yourself a few weeks before you quit
4. Start telling clients you are going to open your own business
5. Tell people, clients, customers, anyone who will listen, that your company (the one you are leaving or have just left) is in bad shape and that everyone is worried for their jobs
6. Start a business, corporation, llc, website, linkedin page etc – and tell everyone you have wanted to start this business and have been planning it for years!
7. Leave on bad terms – making sure everyone knows you are smarter than they are
8. Go work for a client and assume the client will stand up for you when the lawsuit gets filed
9. Assume that your non-compete agreement is not valid because your boss didn’t give you the bonus you thought you deserved
I could go on and on, but these are just a few of my favorite sure fire ways to get sued.
Good luck, and please call us when the lawsuit rolls in. We would be honored to help!