SECRET TO AVOIDING NON-COMPETE LITIGATION IN VIRGINIA
1. Don’t sign a non-compete
ok – too late for that one?
2. Don’t work for a jerk / ego-maniac.
also too late, eh?
3. Don’t leave on bad terms.
yikes – 0 for 3 are you? Sounds like Syracuse’s free throws this week.
Lets re-phrase the question from how to avoid litigation, to how to win litigation:
1. Don’t be afraid.
2. Be above board – don’t say bad things, disparage or defame your old boss, jerk as he may be.
3. Be organized, know what you did and did not do.
4. Don’t go after your old clients – Courts usually don’t like that if you have agreed in writing not to.
Respond quickly and if needed, ask for legal help in advance. 3 days before a response is due, may be too late.
GOOD LUCK VIRGINIANS.