Virginia Truck Accident Injures I-81 Driver
Earlier this week, we heard about the horrific death of a Virginia Department of Transportation employee who was on the job when he was killed by a truck driver, traveling through Western Virginia.
At some point, enough is enough. Sadly, Virginia truck accidents are typical in Southwest Virginia on Interstate 81.
Trucks cause accidents, and when those trucks are 18-wheeler tractor trailer, the consequences are devastating. So why are so many Virginia truck accidents happening on our highways?
We have represented injured motorists in Virginia truck accidents, and see the same warning signs:
- The truck drivers are often distracted by cell phones, music, or traffic.
- Not paying attention on narrow roadways cut into local mountains
When all these factors combine on Virginia highways, the result is disastrous.
If you are in an accident with a tractor trailer in Virginia, there are things you should do to protect yourself:
- Get as much information from witnesses as you can. In very bad accidents, your loved ones will have to do this for you as you may be too injured to ask questions.
- Get the police report to find out the name of the driver and whether charges were filed.
- Make note of the weather, time of day, statements made to you or others, witnesses, and investigating officers.
The bottom line: Find an attorney who handles Virginia truck accident cases and can help you with the rest of the investigation. When accidents happen, trucking companies should be held responsible.