KUDOS TO VIRGINIA NURSING HOME

We typically report the bad news surrounding nursing homes and bad medical care. Well, here we report some good news! A recent furnace malfunction at the Woodhaven Nursing Home in Montvale, Virginia led to an orderly and timely evacuation of all endangered residents – most importantly, no one was hurt or injured!

The furnace malfunction caused smoke to fill the west end of the building. However, nurses had already evacuated 15 out of 35 residents before the firefighters arrived at the home. Read the newspaper account here.

Virginia law requires smoke and fire detectors in all nursing homes. A good law which may have saved the lives of these residents. Does your state require smoke and fire detectors in its nursing homes? Better ask?

Dan Frith

Dan Frith

Dan Frith has over 25 years of experience representing individuals and families in cases of medical malpractice throughout Virginia. He has been named "Best Medical Malpractice Attorney" by Roanoker Magazine and is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. To speak with Dan, contact him by email at dfrith@frithlawfirm.com.