NORTH CAROLINA PATIENT DIES AFTER SITTING IN CHAIR FOR 22 HOURS

This story should result in criminal charges of neglect. According to a report from CNN, a mental patient died after workers at a North Carolina hospital left him in a chair for 22 hours without feeding him or helping him use the bathroom, said federal officials who have threatened to cut off the facility’s funding. Cutting off funding is insufficient punishment!

A report released lasts week found that 50-year-old Steven Sabock died in April after he choked on medication and was left sitting in a chair for close to a day at Cherry Hospital, a facility about 50 miles southeast of Raleigh. Surveillance video showed hospital staff watching television and playing cards a few feet away.

The report also found that Sabock, formerly of Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina ate nothing the day he died and had little food in the three days preceding his death.

How and why does this happen in America?

Dan Frith

Dan Frith

Dan Frith has over 25 years of experience representing individuals and families in cases of medical malpractice throughout Virginia. He has been named "Best Medical Malpractice Attorney" by Roanoker Magazine and is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. To speak with Dan, contact him by email at dfrith@frithlawfirm.com.