* Between 76,000 and 137,000 people die annually from fatal drug reactions in the hospital
* Fatal drug reactions kill more than 100,000 people outside of the hospital setting each year
* Misdiagnosis accounts for approximately 100,000 deaths per year
* Preventable lethal blood clots kill between 100,000 and 200,000 people every year
* More than 100,000 people die annually from infections caught in hospitals and nursing homes
My Recommendation: Share these medical facts the next time someone tells you we have the best healthcare in the world!