The answer is provided by a new “5 Star Rating System” provided by Medicare. When using the Medicare site…select “Find and Compare Nursing Homes”….then select “Find Nursing Homes within certain distance” of a zip code or identified city.
The nursing homes receiving the highest ratings include:
* Trinity Mission Health and Rehab – Hillsville, VA
* Wytheville Community Hospital ECU – Wytheville, VA
The nursing homes receiving some of the worst scores include:
* Golden Livingcenter – Galax, VA
* Carrington Place at Wytheville/Birdmont Center – Wytheville, VA
* Edgemont Center – Wytheville, VA
* Grayson Nursing and Rehab Center – Independence, VA
* Heritage Hall – Blacksburg, VA
* Bland County Nursing & Rehabilitation Center – Bastian, VA
My Take: Be an informed consumer of health care and do your loved one a favor….check out the nursing home BEFORE you decide what is best for a family member.