Last year I shared the list of industries where we saw the use of non-compete agreements. The list was amazingly diverse – all industries, all areas, all levels of employment.
Here is the 2010 list and it is just as crazy!
- Medicine – Physicians
- Medicine – Nurses / Physical Therapists
- Retail (you name it)
- Financial Advisers
- Government Contractors
- Technology Sector / IT / Software developers
- Energy Traders
- Home Decorators
- Sales / Online sales
- Building Contractors / Architects / Engineers
- Electricians / Plumbers
- Media personalities (News anchors, etc)
- Security Guards
- Instructors of all kinds — horse back riding, fitness and personal trainers, etc.
- Marketing companies and commercial designers
They are literally everywhere – except in the practice of law…
Watch out Virginians. Non-competes are coming to a profession near you.