If you have a Medical Malpractice question or possible claim, you need to speak to an attorney that is licensed in the state where the negligence occurred.

YES, even if grandmom died in a Virginia nursing home but you live in Florida, call a Virginia lawyer.

Every state is different. I have received two cases recently from attorneys in other states. The attorney will say “this is a great case and we already have a nursing expert.”

1. The attorneys in the other states did NOT know about special arbitration law regarding Medical contracts.
2. They did NOT know the active clinical practice requirements of Virginia experts.

So while it may be a great case (1) we are now stuck in arbitration, arguably, and
(2)we have to hire another nurse.

Had that client called a Virginia attorney, he or she would have advised them on specific Virginia laws from the start (hopefully).

We love referrals from other attorneys. We especially love telling people about Virginia law where we are licensed and practice every day.

So – we can help you find an attorney in another state, but we will do that ASAP before any special deadlines or laws are missed. Likewise, if you want to send us a case, please do it as soon as possible so we can help guide the case investigation under Virginia law!

Dan Frith
Dan Frith

Dan Frith has over 25 years of experience representing individuals and families in cases of medical malpractice throughout Virginia. He has been named "Best Medical Malpractice Attorney" by Roanoker Magazine and is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. To speak with Dan, contact him by email at dfrith@frithlawfirm.com.