We wrote a short blog just several days ago about medication errors and the problems they create for patients and here is living (or maybe dieing) proof!

The death of an Illinois woman who was given the wrong medication in a nursing home in February was ruled accidental Thursday by a Tazewell County coroner’s jury, which also ruled the home was negligent. Sherrie L. Parrish, 64, died Feb. 24 after she was given another patient’s medicine while at Washington Christian Village.

Tazewell County Coroner Dennis Conover said a nurse at the facility called Parrish’s doctor to report the incorrectly administered medicine and was told by a physician’s assistant to monitor Parrish for several hours. Parrish was given the wrong medicine at 8 a.m. Feb. 24 and was dead about two hours later, Conover said.

Follow the story here.

Dan Frith
Dan Frith

Dan Frith has over 25 years of experience representing individuals and families in cases of medical malpractice throughout Virginia. He has been named "Best Medical Malpractice Attorney" by Roanoker Magazine and is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. To speak with Dan, contact him by email at