So many things can happen in your local emergency room.
Staff may have the time and ability to provide for all of your needs.
Staff may be too busy or too understaffed to provide for your needs such that mistakes, errors occur.
What kind of errors?
- Given the wrong medication.
- ED staff fails to diagnose a fracture, condition, infection etc.
- You are sent home without proper care – only to receive a call the next day about a problem that needs care.
Some, but not all of these emergency room problems are malpractice cases.
You may have a medical malpractice case against the emergency room when:
1. The failure to diagnose causes you pain / problems… Not the underlying condition, but the failure to diagnose it.
2. The medication error or failure to provide care causes you independent problems not related to your original problem.
Have experienced any of the above problems in a local Virginia emergency room? Not sure if it rises to the level of malpractice but would like an evaluation of your case?
Call our office today. Either Dan or myself, or our paralegal Kim will be able to speak with you and learn more details. If you have a case, we will let you know. If you don’t, we hope to explain why in such a way that you are glad you called.