WANT TO SURVIVE YOUR TRIP TO THE HOSPITAL? BUY THIS BOOK
I’ve just read a great book and want to share it with the readers of this blog. At the outset let me state that I do not know the author Martine Ehrenclou, never met her, and have no financial stake in the sale of her book.
The book is entitled, “Critical Conditions: The Essential Hospital Guide to Get Your Loved One Out Alive.” The book is a step-by-step guide and workbook that leads you from Admitting through to Discharge and offers concrete advice and tips gathered from over 150 interviews with doctors, nurses, hospital social workers, psychologists, family members, and other medical staff.
The book will teach you how to:
1. Prevent deadly medical errors, medication mistakes,
and the spread of infectious diseases.
2. Reach doctors when you need them—every time.
3. Prevent fatal falls.
4. Create a “Family Advocate Team.”
5. Manage your loved one’s care if you live out of town.
6. Gather support for yourself and the patient.
7. Research your loved one’s illness or injury.
8. Monitor medications, diet, procedures, labs, and treatment.
9. Navigate and manage the hospital system with confidence.
10. Communicate with nurses and doctors to maximize medical attention for the patient.