Virginia Business Litigation Podcast – Episode 1, how to get sued by your past employer
Hey friends – Want to get sued when you leave your job?
No? I’m shocked. If you don’t want to get sued, or receive a certified letter with lots of big legal words like Cease / Desist / Notwithstanding / and Aforementioned, where threats of a lawsuit are clearly printed on the page, take a few minutes to listen to this very brief podcast. Ok, 4 minutes and 7 seconds to be exact.
Just in case you don’t have 4 minutes and 7 seconds to devote to the subject, here is the cheat sheet. BEST WAYS TO GET SUED BY YOUR EX-EMPLOYER:
1. Take stuff on a thumb drive
2. Log back on the old company’s system after you leave
3. Email you self stuff the month before you leave
4. Use the exit interview to tell them all off
5. Tell everyone (but your boss) weeks before you are on your way out!
6. Compete while still an employee
7. Soliciting customers for new business, before you are officially gone!
Call our office with any real questions about your job, transition, and risk.