Skeezy lawyer characters are not new to film or television.
Think – The Simpsons character, Lionel Hutz (and enjoy this mashup below).
Further, personal injury advertising is sometimes so nuts, it makes the lawyers look – well, a little nuts.
This week I enjoyed watching Season 3 of Virgin River on Netflix. #1 – please note, I speed watch. I finished the whole season in about 3 hours. #2 – I like fiction, it’s a nice break from real life which is sometimes, well, tough.
I watched enough to know that the new character Todd “a successful personal injury lawyer” whose family gave millions to the local hospital and has a vacation home (“income property”) is not the hero of the story. He (SPOILER ALERT)
- proposed to a woman after 4 weeks, who is pregnant with someone else’s twins
- is pushy
- is stubborn
- is a control freak
- thinks money can buy people off
- hates dogs
- says things like ” I need to go work the room”
- is generally an unlikeable guy
His character is the stereotype of the guys on TV – overbearing, rude, clueless and tone-deaf and greedy. (Make a note – none of those terrible ads were made by women – just saying).
But, as a personal injury lawyer, I was kind of disappointed to see another stereotype.
Virgin River season 3: Here’s where you recognize Charmaine’s fiance from
And it made me want to tell you about our practice, just in case you need a personal injury attorney one day – and want someone who isn’t like the ads, or the Simpsons guy, or the Todd character.
Let me introduce you to my firm, and law partners:
- Dan is a father, grandfather, Hokie sports nut, lover of politics, good food and is fiercely proud of being from Western Virginia (Blacksburg native)
- Lauren (that’s ME) – I am a mom, a business owner, I cry in movies and often with clients, I am compassionate, believe that being an attorney is my spiritual calling and love what I do
- Bo is a father, pragmatist, fiercely dislikes bullies and cheats, and will do anything to stand up for someone who needs a voice
We all love dogs, our families, and our clients. We will be honest in assessing your case, and compassionate when a tragedy leads you to our doors.
In sum – we are not Todd, or the Simpsons guy – or any other PI attorney stereotype. So, if you need someone and don’t want the tiger spewing money (see TV ad link) – please consider our firm – 540-985-0098.