Has an awful ring doesn’t it “wrongful death?”

If someone loses their life because of someone else’s negligence, you can file suit against that person alleging “wrongful death” in civil court. They won’t go to jail, but they may be forced to pay for your pain and suffering which occurred as a result of losing that loved one.

Stated simply, you are alleging that your loved one would be alive, but for their mistake, negligence, act, etc.

So who can file a wrongful death claim? Under Virginia law, only the Administrator or Executor of the Estate of the person who died.

Well, how do you become the Administrator or Executor? What does that mean?
At Frith law firm, we handle wrongful death cases arising from medical malpractice, nursing home abuse or neglect, car accidents etc… and when you call here, we will walk you through each process, step by step.

We know Virginia laws on arbitration agreements and how to revoke them. We can help you navigate the clerk of court’s office in becoming the appointed Estate representative. We can help you find experts for the case which will be needed at trial.

With over 40 years of legal experience, our Medical/Legal litigation team will provide the one on one advice and care that your family deserves.

About the author

Dan Frith

Dan Frith has over 25 years of experience representing individuals and families in cases of medical malpractice throughout Virginia. He has been named "Best Medical Malpractice Attorney" by Roanoker Magazine and is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. To speak with Dan, contact him by email at dfrith@frithlawfirm.com.

Back to top