Pop Quiz time:
Which of the following is something you should NOT say if you want a woman to date you:
1. Hey, you look pretty. Like my grandma.
2. You sure yellow is a good color on you?
3. Hey, you look like a gal who can clean. Want to come to my house?
4. all of the above.
The answer, of course, is all of the above.
But what about about leaving a company – which of the following is something you should NOT do when you leave an employer:
1. Download your old customer list or email it to your self
2. Send a letter to your customers about your new venture / leaving
3. Post lots of info about your new job on facebook / linked in
4. Delete all emails you ever sent as an employee
5. Tell clients why you are leaving
6. All of the above
Once again, it’s all of the above – or perhaps none of the above, if you wish to avoid potential liability.
Please call an attorney before you make a move – especially if you have a non-compete or employment agreement. You will be glad you did.
PS – want a copy of our book? Still free this month – HOW TO BEAT YOUR VIRGINIA NON-COMPETE – call Mary Ann at 540-985-0098.