1. Don’t search for our firm on your office computer using search terms like “how to get out of my non-compete.” This is happening.
2. Don’t call or email our office from your work email or phone. Including cell phone. Don’t do this. Please.
3. Don’t tell your colleagues you are leaving – and that you know your Non-compete isn’t valid. Shh… keep it a secret.
4. Do, get a copy of your non-compete.
5. Do, email us or call from home to discuss evaluation of your case.
6. Don’t take client contact with you.
7. Don’t say a word about anything on Linked In, Facebook, MySpace etc. These should not contain private information, including your thoughts on work.
8. Do find out your options (by calling us) before you quit.
9. Don’t use work email for private conversations with anyone, like your wife, about the new business you are starting.
10. Be prepared. Employers sometimes do file lawsuits against employees. Everyday they end up on our website looking for sample cease and desist letters, or sample non-competes to have employees sign. They are thinking about how to keep you in line – which means, they may consider legal action to help.