So, you want a release from your employment contract? What can you do to make your employer release you?
Nothing. You can’t make them release you.
So what can you do to put yourself in a better position to get a release?
1. Have your agreement reviewed by an attorney that explains your rights / restrictions.
2. Know your plan for the next job.
3. Offer to agree to different terms.
4. Have an attorney help you make an offer of a buy out of your contract
5. Be Nice. No one wants to let a jerk out of an agreement.