Attorney + Cyclist
A former chairman of the Litigation Section of the Virginia State Bar, Dan Frith has over 35 years of experience representing Virginia clients in Court. Dan’s specialties are representing the seriously injured in medical malpractice cases, employees in employment litigation and complex commercial litigation. He has represented individuals throughout Virginia, including in state and federal court.
He devotes a majority of his practice to representing victims and their families in cases of medical malpractice. He has written and published a guide for families faced with difficult choices for aging loved ones, A Consumer’s Guide to Long-Term Care in Virginia. He has annually been named the Best Medical Malpractice Attorney in Roanoke, Virginia, and is an active member of the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association and the American Association for Justice.
Dan has been recognized by his peers as an “AV-rated” attorney according to Martindale-Hubbell and Best Lawyers in America.
Dan regularly assists individuals with claims involving non-compete agreements, non-disclosure agreements, trade secrets, and breach of contract claims. He is dedicated to helping clients who are pursuing their profession or starting a business.
Dan is a native of Blacksburg and when not representing clients in Virginia courts, he is cheering for Virginia Tech football and basketball or biking on the Blue Ridge Parkway throughout the Roanoke Valley. Dan serves on the board of directors of Jobs for Virginia Graduates, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization helping students throughout Virginia transition from school to work. He and his wife, Linda, live in Roanoke and are the proud parents of two sons, and their first grand child.
- Best Lawyers’ Roanoke Medical Malpractice Law – Plaintiffs “Lawyer of the Year”
- “AV” Peer Review Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Virginia Legal Elite, Virginia Business Magazine
- Best Medical Malpractice Lawyer, Roanoker Magazine
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers Magazine
- Best Lawyers in America, Plaintiff Medical Malpractice (2005-present)
- Best Law Firms in America (2021/2022)
- Washington & Lee University School of Law (J.D.) (Lexington, VA)
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (B.A., cum laude) (Blacksburg, VA)
- Southern Trial Lawyers Association
- Roanoke Bar Association
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- American Board of Trial Lawyers
- Virginia State Bar
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Western District of Virginia
Frith & Ellerman Law Firm, P.C.
303 Washington Avenue, SW
Roanoke, Virginia 24016
Telephone: (540) 985-0098Fax: (540) 985-9198
Frith & Ellerman Law Firm, P.C.
P.O. Box 8248
Roanoke, Virginia 24014
“I was treated with respect and kindness. Dan never spoke to me like… well an attorney. More like a friend. I couldn’t have been any more pleased.”
“Dan and Lauren Ellerman are bright and hard working attorneys, who are also good people.”
“Dan was so easy to deal with – he explained everything – worked fast and hard and handled our case with care.”
“I will continue to refer cases to Dan because he is a professional.”