Attorney + Restaurateur
In 2018 Lauren was featured in Virginia Living Magazine for her work inside and outside of the courtroom. In 2016, she became the chair of the Long Term Care Committee and joined the Board of Virginia Trial Lawyers (VTLA). In 2013, she was named to “Influential Women of Virginia” by Virginia Lawyers Weekly. She was also honored as “Young Lawyer of the Year” by the Roanoke Bar Association for her community leadership. She helps clients in a range of civil litigation matters, including medical malpractice, and business litigation. In 2015 she received an AV rating from Martindale Hubble. In 2016, she was named a Fellow in the Law by the Virginia Law Foundation and has been the youngest Superlawyer in Medical Malpractice for the Commonwealth of Virginia since 2016.
Lauren’s practice is focused on Medical Malpractice, Non-Compete litigation and Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect.
As co-author of How to Beat Your Virginia Non-Compete, Lauren is dedicated to working on behalf of Virginia employees and business professionals who are starting new ventures in their careers. She has represented clients with cases related to non-compete agreements, non-solicitation agreements, breach of contract, breach of duty of loyalty, and misappropriation of trade secrets.
She also represents victims and their families in cases of wrongful death, serious injury and medical malpractice. She has taught and lectured throughout the state advising other attorneys on trial skills, discovery, client services and more. Prior to joining Frith Law Firm, P.C., Lauren worked for Sevila, Saunders, Huddleston & White in Leesburg Virginia where she focused on commercial litigation, criminal law, and domestic law.
In 2016, she was named the youngest Medical Malpractice Superlawyer in Virginia by Superlawyers Magazine. In 2020 she was named the BEST Lawyer in America in Roanoke for Plaintiff’s Medical Malpractice, and the first female to receive the nomination.
Lauren and her husband, Whit, are very active in the Roanoke Valley: opening a restaurant, The River and Rail; starting a non profit Turn the Page, Inc., attending Second Presbyterian Church; spending time with their daughter, dogs; and, camping as much as work will allow.
- Top 100 Lawyers in Virginia 2020/2021 Superlawyers
- Top 50 female attorneys in Virginia, 2020/2021 Superlawyers
- AV Rating – Martindale Hubble
- Fellow, Virginia Law Foundation
- Virginia Living featured Female Attorney (2018)
- Super Lawyer, (Medical Malpractice) Super Lawyers Magazine (2016/2017/2018/2019/2020/2021)
- Best Lawyers in America (2016-2022)
- Best Law Firms in America
- Virginia Business, Legal Elite (2018-2022)
- Young Lawyer of the Year, Roanoke Bar Association (2011)
- Rising Star (Business Litigation), Super Lawyers Magazine (2010-2015)
- Influential Woman of Roanoke, Bella Magazine (2009)
- 30 Under 30, Valley Business Front (2009) Advocates Forum
- T.C. Williams School of Law, University of Richmond (J.D., cum laude) (Richmond, VA)
- College of William & Mary (B.A. (Williamsburg, VA)
- Chair, Long Term Care Committee, VTLA (2016/2017)
- Roanoke Bar Association (Bd. of Directors) (2017/2019)
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- Past Board Member, Roanoke Area Ministries
- Past Board Chair, Family Promise of Greater Roanoke
- Elder, Second Presbyterian Church, Roanoke
- Founder, Turn the Page, Inc.
- Virginia Trial Lawyer Tort Seminar (2016/2018/2019/2020)
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Annual Convention (2017)
- NY, NJ and PA Trial Lawyers Association (2016)
- Lawline (2012-2016, 2020)
- VA CLE (2013-2018)
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Long Term Care Retreat (2019)
- Virginia State Bar
- United States District Court for the Western District of Virginia
Frith & Ellerman Law Firm, P.C.
303 Washington Avenue, SW
Roanoke, Virginia 24016
Telephone: (540) 985-0098
Fax: (540) 985-9198
Frith & Ellerman Law Firm, P.C.
P.O. Box 8248
Roanoke, Virginia 24014
“You never once got tired of my calls or emails with questions. You treated me like family and did an outstanding job of representing me…you gave me back my life so I could move on.”
“Lauren Ellerman is always mindful of the injured party and their family – always upfront and honest about an outcome or denial.”
“Dan and Lauren Ellerman are bright and hard working attorneys, who are also good people.”
“I refer cases to Lauren Ellerman because med mal is very specialized area of law and I trust her knowledge, ability and ethics.
“Great team work from Lauren and Bo. Great attorneys to have working for you.”
“I felt I was being helped instead of just a means to income.”
“I refer cases to Lauren because of her expertise and knowledge.”